Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Managing Behavior

Our area has a Foster Parent Training Weekend each year and it happens to be this weekend. I called to see if I could attend even though I don't have my license yet and they said that was fine. Since we have to have 40 hours of training every two years, this is going to be a great way to get in 15 hours in 3 days!

This afternoon I attended a training on managing behavior. It was incredible. I can honestly say that in ALL the trainings I have ever been to, including work, this was the most informative and fun training I have ever been to! I learned so many practical strategies and ideas. One of my favorites was talking about breathing techniques, teaching children to breath in through the nose and out through the mouth to calm down. The saying was, "Smell a flower, Blow out a candle." How cute is that?! The trainer also told us to have children who have a problem with cursing stand in front of a mirror and watch themselves curse, he says for some children it really seems to work. Anyways, lots of good information....looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...