Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Judge

So E has talked about the "Judge" a few times now, you might as well replace fire-breathing demonic child killing monster for judge or cops in his mind.  This morning he woke up and said that he thought he wasnt here anymore when he woke up.  I asked him what he meant and he said he was afraid the "Judge" made him move again.  I told him he wasnt going to be moving for awhile and he didnt need to worry about it right now.  Then he asked if he would see me when he went home with mom.  I said I would try to see him wherever he is! But............how awful for these little guys in the system.  What can I really say???  I dont know if he will be going home or staying here, or hell if the JUDGE will decide he needs to move again!!  AND it really irritates me that we are supposed to impress upon these kids that the Judge is going to decide what is best for you...blah, blah, blah.  I want to just tell them the truth......your mom is a deadbeat who cant seem to put in enough effort to get you back.  But no we cant possible do that so instead we teach these kids from a young age that the Judge is the big meanie who wont let him go home.  Its bad enough that my kid thinks cops are only there to put you in jail.  You should have seen his little face when I tried to explain that Cops are only here to help people and keep us safe!  You would have thought I told him that pigs fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...