Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins....that your kids will LOVE!

I was looking for ways to use of the shredded zucchini I have in my freezer from this past summer.  We were inundated with zucchini faster than I could  make it, so I shredded up a bunch of it and portioned it out in about 2 cup sizes in Ziploc bags.  These muffins were the perfect way to use it up!  My kids ate 2 dozen of these muffins in one weekend.  They LOVED them!  Of course I failed to mention that there were vegetables in them, lets keep that little secret to ourselves shall we??  To them they were just Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins :)

Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 Tbsp sugar (The original recipe did not have sugar, but I felt it needed a bit more than just the honey for my kids, feel free to leave it out or add a bit more honey instead)
  • 1.5 cups grated zucchini (squeeze the extra water out of it)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1.5 cups flour (I used all purpose but you could use whole wheat)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F. 
Grate zucchini (either by hand or using a food processor), then squeeze grated zucchini to remove some of the water.  I used pre-frozen shredded zucchini, left it to thaw and then squeezed it out. Measure 1 1/2 cups zucchini and mix with the mashed bananas.
Add egg, honey, sugar, and oil. Sprinkle baking soda, baking powder, and salt over the top of this and mix all ingredients together.
Add the flour and cinnamon to the bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Spray muffin pan or individual muffin cups with non-stick spray, then divide batter evenly among cups to make 12 muffins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...